Sunday 31 July 2011

A little present!

Here is a little present I made as a going away present.


A family we got to know through my son is leaving our shores after three years in this country and they are moving to Frankfurt in Germany.  


I know Debbie misses her home so I made this to remind her that her home is wherever they are together.  I just hope she likes it.




This is my first little house block using Marti Michell's template Set J- so easy!



and here is my label on the back - can you guess where they are from originally?  Not a very tricky one - the stars are a nod to the Australian flag too!





I also used Insul-Bright wadding so it can be used as a mug rug, placemat or some other insulating purpose.  My first time using this wadding too but not my last....




Nicky




measurements
mat size 15" x 13"
finished block size 7.5" x 5.5" 


materials
variety from stash and navy star fabric
Insul-Bright wadding
ribbon to finish edge of label



3 comments:

  1. just gorgeous!
    what a gift to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure when they see that they will have many fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so thoughtful...................xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...