Tuesday 16 August 2011

Post for Susan Canadian Abroad!

Susan was wondering in my comment box recently how I was going to use this gorgeous fabric in my hexalong quilt








The fabric is designed by Kaffe Fassett and I think Susan pointed it out to me so I duly bought it at the Cotton Patch stand at FoQ.


The flowers were not quite big enough or far apart enough to be a simple block on it's own






or I would have had to sacrifice too many others and I like my fabric to go as far as it can so what could I do?






Look in Marti Michell's Six is for Hexagons book of course and seek inspiration - this is what Marti and I came up with...







Hope you like it Susan!?   Have to say this one is very bright using one of the solids I bought for my little house blocks...might need to tone it down a little in future.













5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I love how different the central fabric looks once it's surrounded by the border! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tone it down! Why? I love colour, but you already know that. I think your hexie looks wonderful. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa sister! Don't tone it down...you are doing great! Susan and I both LOVE it! This is a great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love these colors! Nice & bright!

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails) thru the 18th, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...