Sunday 1 July 2012

Fruity Polo Quilt Finished

I love this quilt.


It has many of my favourite things.


It has bright colours.


It has hand pieced hexies.


It has FMQ - lots of it!




The hexagons have a variety of FMQ patterns in them, which I extended and enlarged in the border!





The whole thing....



A beauty shot....






The back of the quilt










And that rolled up shot with a pink dotty binding...






I started this quilt after a workshop with Carolyn Forster using her Kaleidoscope Hexagon pattern.  It is made from scraps, with a border in Moda Cerise, backing in Klona, and quilted using Aurifil thread.  It is 74" x 78".


I'd like to end there but the truth is there are a few problems with the back of this quilt...






Boo hoo!


This is my final project in the FAL list!  All done and on time!  Third quarter here we come!



19 comments:

  1. Nicky! The quilt is amazing! I love the colours, FMQ patterns...the binding! Awesome job!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did brilliantly well. Give it a wash and dry and the bit that makes you unhappy will be absorbed into all the wonderfulness. I think the FMQ that you did is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - well done you, I think you deserve a prize for sure, you are the FAL Queen - you hear me Rhonda!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this one. Did you appliqué it to the cerise background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay now we are both coveting! This is super fantastic! I LOVE IT! That border color is the best thing I have seen in a long time. It is like yummy fruity candy wrapped up in raspberries! If there could be such a thing :) And the quilting - AMAZING!!! You have the patience of Job. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicki you have done an amazing quilt here. You should be proud of it. Brilliant quilting. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey!! You really are loving your fmq! And well done for getting ALL your f/a/l projects done on time again, amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic!! Love, love, love it!
    who cares about the little quilty problems it's gorgeous.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!.it has all the best colours! Your fmq is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner N! You are a quilt making machine! And the fmq is fabulous! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot, it looks great! And that bit on the back? It's a feature...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! If you really hate the spot on the back cover it with a random, stray hexie.....or make a label and put it there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!! Love the hexies and the quilting : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!And I love your FMQing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful, beautiful Nicky. And I have one in the wash that is literally peppered with rucks on the back, I am hoping they will magically have vanished when I get it out (chances are not!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab quilt Nicky - what's a wee pucker between friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's soooo beautiful! I would ignore the back, the front's way too gorgeous to worry over a tiny pucker :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's magnificent!! I absolutely love it and think you're a flipping genius!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...