Thursday 9 May 2013

Artist's Trading Card Swap!!

I joined up Ali's Textile ATC Swap!  

How could I resist??  

I have my partner assigned to me and while waiting to pick up children from school I tried making one...

Ok it is fairly basic - just a bit of FMQ but it only took a few minutes.  It is the wrong size for the swap but I sort of like it.   Seed-podish I thought.  Hence the name I've given it....








Maybe for the real thing it would need further embellishment.  Waiting for Ali to allow me into the Flickr group and I'll post it and see what reaction I get.

In case you want to make one - it should be 2.5" x 3.5" - a very mini quilt if you like.  I think this could be addictive....forget moo cards...ATCs are the new me.



15 comments:

  1. I love the stitching! maybe add a fine border of purple? Or 'colour in' the seeds with another coloured thread? Good luck with it! You are a do-er!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like that. WHat did you use inside to stiffen it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be addicted before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Loving the little logo she has for the swap too - it looks like a great way to show off your creativity and skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh - not heard of these before (scurries off to google!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like lots of fun! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanted to join in as I love Ali, but the size was too small for me! I love your pea pod!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've signed up, but haven't thought any further about it since I got my partner, best get on that after the windows are done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am psyching myself up to Retreat name tag - same kind of size x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, and so teeny tiny! is it restrictive or freeing, working on that scale?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like a small mug rug? I stick stamps on them and post them to #1 daughter so she gets nice post! And can use it as a coaster (I know, she's a student, so no chance!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...