Monday 1 August 2016

A-line skirt with green border

I have lots of clothes making on my Finish-Along list this quarter. 


And I have had this pretty fabric (the one on top) for quite a while with a vague plan to make it into a skirt.   An A-line skirt!




I found a nice straightforward A-line pattern in this book.

 Dressmaking - primary image  


I think I must be remembering days when I was slimmer and wore shorter skirts because unfortunately I didn't have quite enough fabric to make it so I had to extemporise!

Fortuately I'm used to making things up as I go along so I cut the length  shorter and added a contrast border on the bottom of the skirt.   I used fabric left over from my Hoopla quilt so I can wear a skirt and match my quilt!!!





So here I am in it



And here it is on its own!



I plan to make another A-line skirt soon but similarly I will need a contrast border or else it will need to be a mini skirt, which just doesn't bear thinking about!

This is my sixteenth finish from my FAL list!   I'll be linking it up at the end of this quarter. 


Here is my original list.




Finish A Long 2016


2 comments:

  1. You are just speeding through your FAL list - well done. And this skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast hem! (Yes, I'm catching up!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...